Importance of Automatic Door Closers for Commercial Buildings
Commercial buildings constantly have traffic coming through them, from workers to clients to owners and beyond. This in-and-out flow of people could put your business at risk if you do not have the right security measures in place. Door closers can effectively protect your building and lower your energy bills at the same time. Let’s take a look at the importance of automatic door closers for commercial buildings to find out if this door hardware is right for you.
What Are Automatic Door Closers?
Automatic door closers pull a door closed once someone goes through it. Some doors will naturally shut on their own because of the way they are installed or the pressure from wind outside, but there is no guarantee that those doors are closed when you want them to be. With an automatic door closer, you can rest assured that the doors going in and out of your commercial building will shut when not in use.
Benefits of Door Closers on Commercial Buildings
Door closers serve several purposes in a commercial building:
- By ensuring the doors stay shut, they reduce the energy bills for the building. There will be no excess air coming in or going out because a door was left open.
- Door closers keep a building secure. You can still have a keypad or other device to lock the door, but the closer will make sure that only the person entering the building has access. Once the door closes automatically, unwanted intruders will not be allowed in the building.
- Door closers control how quickly a door opens or shuts, preventing the door from flying open or slamming shut on a windy day. This creates a safer environment for your workers and puts less strain on the door itself.
- Most commercial doors are heavy and difficult to open without some assistance. A door closer acts as an aid for opening the door so people do not struggle to get out of the building.
- In the event of an emergency, a door closer can be pushed open to allow for a steady flow of traffic. You do not have to worry about employees being trapped in the building.
- Door closers create a better sense of security for people who enter the building, which improves the work environment as a whole.
How Much Do Commercial Door Closers Cost?
Automatic door closers range in price from $80 to $400, with some models priced well above $1,000. The prices vary based on the construction of the door closer and how much weight it can support. For instance, a door closer for a standard entry door would be less expensive than a closer for a large door used for truck access. The benefits of door closers greatly outweigh the cost in most instances, and you can find a product that suits your budget and your needs at the same time. The door hardware experts here at WR Hardware would be happy to assist you with this process.